Lead Software Engineer, Java + Spring + BigData + Web Services at M-GO in Cul...
M-GO is dedicated to making it easier to watch and enjoy movies and TV shows, by doing things a little differently. Ok. We want to evolve it. Unlike others who are content with defining the customer experience. We seek to reverse-engineer the norm. People aren’t fully satisfied with the current options in the marketplace that were created first with what’s easiest for the company. Instead, we are focused on creating the kind of company that is focused on what’s best for consumers.
Looking for a collaborative, fast paced, inspirational environment where the team strives for excellence?
Then look no further, M-GO is your kind of company. We have a diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and foster open communication to support employee ideas and facilitate them through to fruition.
Right now we are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team that is engaged in delivering the first platform agnostic media service. The Senior Java Engineer role will be primarily concerned with designing, coding and integrating M-GO’s data service solution using the latest cloud-based technologies.
Our ideal Lead Java Engineer should have strong experience in:
- Software engineering with Java / J2EE, for 3+ years
- Cloud development technologies such as AWS or CloudForge
- Big Data technologies such as MongDB, noSQL, noORACLE, Hadoop, HDFS, Map Reduce, and Pig or Hive
- Spring Framework, REST, JPA, Caching technologies (Ehcache or equivalent) and Maven
- Advanced OOA/D concepts
- Web services with JBoss tuning
- Open source OS such at Unix, Linux and GNU
- Mentoring junior engineers
We also would like the Senior Java Engineer to have:
- 8+ years engineering experience in large scale web environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Physics or related field
- A passion for open source technologies
- Hands on experience with Ruby or Python
- Hands on experience with SOAP/REST API’s
- Working knowledge of Bash
- Strong Unit and Performance testing practices
Who are the people behind M-GO?
M-GO was created by people who love entertainment and for those who love being entertained. We’ve attracted talent from the world’s leading entertainment and technology companies; like Apple, HP, Verizon, DreamWorks Animation, Fandango, and more. M-GO is partnered with Hollywood’s major studios. We are a joint venture of Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation. Only M-GO has harnessed the premium content, industry relationships, brand-building prowess, and technology innovation to redefine today’s entertainment on the viewer’s terms.
So if you are the kind of individual that wants to be mission critical and leave your fingerprints on a powerful new media service....than we want to hear from you today!
M-GO is an EOE M/F/D/V
(note: M-GO does not work with 3rd Party Recruiters/Staffing Firms)