Architect, Release and Automation Frameworks (Tools Team) at M-GO in Culver C...
M-GO is dedicated to making it easier to watch and enjoy movies and TV shows, by doing things a little differently. Ok. We want to evolve it. Unlike others who are content with defining the customer experience. We seek to reverse-engineer the norm. People aren’t fully satisfied with the current options in the marketplace that were created first with what’s easiest for the company. Instead, we are focused on creating the kind of company that is focused on what’s best for consumers.
Looking for a collaborative, fast paced, inspirational environment where the team strives for excellence?
Then look no further, M-GO is your kind of company. We have a diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and foster open communication to support employee ideas and facilitate them through to fruition.
Right now we are looking for a Director, Release and Automation Frameworks to join our Engineering Team. This position will be primarily concerned with building a global framework that automates the process or building, testing, and deploying software through all environments. This platform provides support to the development, quality, product, and operation teams continuous integration environment.
Our ideal Director, Release and Automation Frameworks should have strong experience in:
- Building a unified process segmented by Agile that provides a toolchain that allows developers in self-service environments for testing and production (and deployments to those environments) while providing metrics to the organization as a whole.
- Building unified tooling platforms (i.e. Chef, Puppet, ControlTier, Cucumber, Selenium, etc.)
- Working to extend the Continuous Integration framework end-to-end, towards Continuous Deployment.
- Coaching teams to develop the model while providing support and training for the platform and the entire toolchain.
- Single Artifact Build and release automation.
- Testing automation frameworks covering all type of testing.
- Enhancing the deliverables of all functional areas (Engineering, Test, Sync/Build, Operations, Documentation, and Product Management).
- Working with the various stakeholders and executive management to plan, scope, grid and identify present and future release candidates.
- Assessing risks and develop contingency plans as needed.
- Driving planning and subsequent execution by monitoring progress in all cross-functional areas including milestones and schedules.
- Work proactively to anticipate and resolve project issues and escalate when appropriate.
- A large variety of programing/scripting languages (Java or Ruby or Python, with Bash and Shell) and software tools.
We also require candidates for the position to have:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or related field (MS is highly desired).
- 7+ years overall experience, including a minimum 5 years in project/program management of large complex software projects.
- A drive to own the successful completion of products / projects.
- Excellent grasp of product development life-cycle and software engineering methodologies in an Agile environment.
- Solid understanding of industry-standard software quality measurements, techniques, and methodologies.
- Strong leadership, management, communication, influencing, team building, and problem solving skills.
- The ability to present and discuss technical information to technical audiences and also be able to summarize key points and actions for non-technical audiences.
Who are the people behind M-GO?
M-GO was created by people who love entertainment and for those who love being entertained. We’ve attracted talent from the world’s leading entertainment and technology companies; like Apple, HP, Verizon, DreamWorks Animation, Fandango, and more. M-GO is partnered with Hollywood’s major studios. We are a joint venture of Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation. Only M-GO has harnessed the premium content, industry relationships, brand-building prowess, and technology innovation to redefine today’s entertainment on the viewer’s terms.
So if you are the kind of individual that wants to be mission critical and leave your fingerprints on a powerful new media service....than we want to hear from you today!
M-GO is an EOE M/F/D/V
(note: M-GO does not work with 3rd Party Recruiters/Staffing Firms)