Director / Manager, Systems Engineering at M-GO in Culver City, CA
M-GO is dedicated to making it easier to watch and enjoy movies and TV shows, by doing things a little differently. Ok. We want to evolve it. Unlike others who are content with defining the customer experience. We seek to reverse-engineer the norm. People aren’t fully satisfied with the current options in the marketplace that were created first with what’s easiest for the company. Instead, we are focused on creating the kind of company that is focused on what’s best for consumers.
Looking for a collaborative, fast paced, inspirational environment where the team strives for excellence?
Then look no further, M-GO is your kind of company. We have a diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and foster open communication to support employee ideas and facilitate them through to fruition.
Right now we are looking for a Director / Manager, Systems Engineering to join our Operation Team. This position will be primarily concerned with supervising and managing a team of technical engineers that supports both internal and external customers that develop and use the M-GO service. This includes providing Sysadmin, security, networking, database, and application support to internal development and partners. Supporting external customers consists of supporting customer service as they support M-GO users. The position reports to the Vice President of Operations and Customer Service and participates in sprint planning and budget planning as needed. This position manages all internal IT needs as required.
Our ideal Manager, Systems Engineering should have strong experience in:
- Monitoring Systems, databases and networks for proper operation and performance Providing on call 24x7 support for operations infrastructure and customer support Providing an escalation point when customer issues might be related to the operations environment and databases.
- Establishing recommended configurations for the applications operating environment including hardware, storage, application, operating systems necessary for production operations Ensuring that technical staff is current and trained on latest upgrades and/or new releases of the M-GO service as well as patches, upgrades, new releases of third party software requirements.
- Establish standard processes for diagnosing issues, tracking status, and escalating issues within and outside the team.
- Establishing and maintaining lines of communication with NoOps/DevOps, engineering, architecture for reliability, maintenance, and performance issues.
- Working with other Directors and Managers in the organization to ensure internal and external customer support are addressed effectively and efficiently.
- Establishing operational objectives, strategies, and work plans to provide continuous improvement with operations, development partners, and development.
- Participate in planning meetings that guide and improve operations, service enhancements, customer requirements, and organizational improvements.
- Establishing and assuring adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Regularly interacting with senior management or executive levels on planning, evaluating new technology, and advising on technical matters.
- Oversee IT networking and application needs for internal customers including interacting with Technicolor IT and Security.
- Participate in problem management and diagnosis including producing timely and thoughtful root cause analysis.
We also require candidates for the position to have:
- 7+ years hands on systems engineering experience
- 3+ years team leadership experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field. MS highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of tools such as Puppet, Cobbler, Kickstart, Nagios, Chef, Git, Etc.
- Strong OS knowledge with Unix/Linux + Bash scripting
- Strong SQL/MySQL
- Strong Python, Java or Ruby scripting
Who are the people behind M-GO?
M-GO was created by people who love entertainment and for those who love being entertained. We’ve attracted talent from the world’s leading entertainment and technology companies; like Apple, HP, Verizon, DreamWorks Animation, Fandango, and more. M-GO is partnered with Hollywood’s major studios. We are a joint venture of Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation. Only M-GO has harnessed the premium content, industry relationships, brand-building prowess, and technology innovation to redefine today’s entertainment on the viewer’s terms.
So if you are the kind of individual that wants to be mission critical and leave your fingerprints on a powerful new media service....than we want to hear from you today!
M-GO is an EOE M/F/D/V
(note: M-GO does not work with 3rd Party Recruiters/Staffing Firms)