RF Microwave Field Engineer- Boston 1303021 at MercuryZ in Boston, MA
RF Microwave Field Engineer
RF Field Tech / Engineer(s) specializing in Field Engineering will be deployed nation-wide in support of the installation, operation, maintenance, and decommissioning of specialized telecommunications systems, networks and components. Field Engineer will also upgrade, modify, configure and document communications systems and associated cable plant as well as serve as the project manager on projects of various sizes and durations. The specialized systems include but are not limited to Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), terrestrial communication, and satellite/microwave/wireless RF communication systems.
- Serve in difficult or harsh environments, such high and low temperatures
- Required to broaden skills across several IT fields (LAN, WAN, wireless, RF, microwave, satellite, etc.) and expected to remain proficient in many areas
- Travel up to 50% per year to domestic field locations regardless of location of assignment
- Lift and maneuver equipment weighing up to 70 pounds on a regular basis
- Assignment to the Boston, Dallas, Detroit, Secaucus NJ Metro Area and could be utilized to support other regions
- Good communication skills
- Firm understanding of technical requirements
- Ability to work closely with other professionals is imperative
- Three years of documented IT infrastructure experience or, a minimum of three years of concentrated IT infrastructure experience combined with an additional two years of experience in the electrical, HVAC, or plumbing trades (any combination).
- Associate's degree in Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Systems Network Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology or related fields are required
- Equivalent military or civilian technical background (minimum of three years documented experience) in related fields will be considered as alternative to an Associate's degree on a case by case basis.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (BSEET)
- Building Office Management Institute (BOMI) Certificate in Building Systems Maintenance
- O&M customer service engineer (CSE) certifications (any leading manufacture)
- Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Technician Level or other similar certifications based on EIA/TIA standards
- Advanced certifications and licenses such as Cisco Systems as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft as a Microsoft Systems Engineer, Master Electrician, HVAC, or Plumbing license and other advanced level experience
- Journeyman License in at least one trade (IT infrastructure, Electrical, HVAC, or Plumbing)
- OSHA certification.