RF Microwave Field Engineer 1304171 at MercuryZ in Greenville, SC
RF Microwave Field Engineer
RF Field Tech / Engineer(s) specializing in Field Engineering will be deployed in the south-east region in support of the installation, operation, maintenance, and decommissioning of specialized telecommunications systems, networks and components. Field Engineer will also upgrade, modify, configure and document communications systems and associated cable plant as well as serve as the project manager on projects of various sizes and durations. The specialized systems include but are not limited to Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), terrestrial communication, and satellite/microwave/wireless RF communication systems.
- Serve in difficult or harsh environments, such high and low temperatures
- Perform RF diagnostics testing
- Perform PIM testing
- Perform Sweep testing
- Skilled in the all areas of Alarm Clearing (RSSI Imbalances, etc)
- Provide reports to management regarding Status, Scheduling, and Issue resolution for All jobs
- Required to broaden skills across several IT fields (LAN, WAN, wireless, RF, microwave, satellite, etc.) and expected to remain proficient in many areas
- Lift and maneuver equipment weighing up to 70 pounds on a regular basis
- Frequent travel is required
- Must be a good communicator and team player
- Firm understanding of technical requirements
- Ability to work closely with other professionals is imperative
- Must be able to lead a team(s) in the above activities and provide scheduling of crew(s) based upon customer demands
- Three years of documented RAN, RF and IT infrastructure experience or, a minimum of three years of concentrated IT infrastructure experience combined with an additional two years of experience in the electrical, HVAC, or plumbing trades (any combination).
- Associate's degree in Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Systems Network Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology or related fields are required
- Equivalent military or civilian technical background (minimum of three years documented experience) in related fields will be considered as alternative to an Associate's degree on a case by case basis.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (BSEET)
- Building Office Management Institute (BOMI) Certificate in Building Systems Maintenance
- O&M customer service engineer (CSE) certifications (any leading manufacture)
- Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Technician Level or other similar certifications based on EIA/TIA standards
- Advanced certifications and licenses such as Cisco Systems as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft as a Microsoft Systems Engineer, Master Electrician, HVAC, or Plumbing license and other advanced level experience
- Journeyman License in at least one trade (IT infrastructure, Electrical, HVAC, or Plumbing)
- OSHA certification.