OSP Senior Field Engineer at MercuryZ in Washington, DC
OSP Senior Field Engineer
The OSP Senior Field Engineer is responsible for preparing projects based on field investigations, research and records. The Engineer designs carrier/electronic systems, responsible for the accuracy of projects, obtains permits and easements and ensures that existing facilities are adequately utilized. The Engineer supervises Contractor Engineers; Construction forces and assumes the responsibility of the lead engineer. Travel will be required.
- Prepare accurate project-related documents for additions to OSP facilities and Central Office equipment
- Obtain permits from State, Federal, Railroad, County and easements from property owners.
- Coordinate the use of joint-use poles, rental poles with foreign companies, CATV and other utility companies.
- Design DOT relocation projects from scaled drawings and utilize scaled cross section drawings and prepare the DOT agreement.
- Actively support the Company’s safety and security policies.
- Supervise contractor-engineering forces and construction forces.
- Resolve legal and liability issues relating to easements and permits.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Engineering Manager
- Prepare accurate project-related documents for additions to OSP facilities for DS1 and above HiCaps > OC192
- Prepare accurate project-related documents for additions to OSP facilities for fiber based services Metro E/TLS.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stress
- Well versed in OSP/Transmission engineering and construction.
- Must have a specialized knowledge in OSP engineering, transmission engineering, C.O. peripheral equipment, facility records, accounting guidelines, tariffs, strong capital budget background
- Individual must be available to work the necessary hours to complete projects on time
- Good verbal and written communications skills a must
Four Year Electrical degree or related field and four years engineering experience; or two year degree in electrical engineering technology or related field and ten years engineering experience; or twelve years engineering experience.