AIX System Administrator Temporary Assignment 1304292 at MercuryZ in Charlott...
AIX System Administrator Temporary Assignment
This temporary position is estimated to run 4 week(s) in duration. The consulting role involves trouble shooting issues related to DNS and recommend modifications for preventing the problem from returning. Network architecture, along with overall details will be provided to the candidate prior to arrival on site.
This Admin will be responsible for overall system management, performance optimization and tuning. The Administrator will provide systems technical support and will coordinate problem resolution. This position is primarily responsible for analyzing, configuring, maintaining and repairing company’s IBM AIX infrastructure
- Provide system administration and support for the UNIX environment and application software hosted on IBM's AIX servers
- Maintain and manage the system hardware configuration
- Maintain documentation related to system hardware configuration
- Administer and tune IBM AIX hardware/software
Required Skills and Competencies
- Experience leading in a consultative role 5+ years.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be flexible, dependable and able to multi-task
- Able to work independently
- Ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
8+ years of AIX/UNIX systems administration experience
Strong Unix AIX background - experience with multiple versions
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field