Marketing Coordinator at Sterling Payment Technologies in Tampa, FL
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing and executing all tradeshows and events, he/she is the liaison between marketing and other Sterling departments for fulfillment of marketing project requests, and performs additional marketing tasks as needed within the department.
- Plan, implement and manage all tradeshow and conference activities as well as Sterling hosted events from beginning to end, including chairing pre-planning meetings with stakeholders, researching venues, development of the theme and goals, tracking all event related activities and managing expenses, travel planning and registration of attendees, identifying and ordering give aways and collateral .
- Consults with internal departments to assess level of effort needed to complete incoming Marketing Service Requests (MSR), drafts MSRs for submission to Creative Media and maintains tracking log.
- Traffic manager for Marketing department – schedule workflow, monitors and posts status for all project requests.
- Creates spreadsheets, drafts correspondence, and proofreads documents and presentations.
- Researches competition through secondary means such as websites and publications, document findings in Word Doc for use by the department.
- Ongoing review of competitive websites, news stories, social media posts and shares with team.
- Organizes and maintains paper and electronic files, as well as tradeshow and advertising portfolio.
- Assist with lead distribution to sales as needed.
- Serve as back up to Salesforce.com administrator.
- Passing performance on a drug test, background check, and credit evaluation
- One - three years of work-experience in the customer service, financial, marketing, or sales-related fields.
- Marketing background and understanding of target audience needs.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-manage.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in the electronic payments industry preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with individuals and groups
- Ability to handle and complete a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and communicate detailed technical information
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
- Ability to handle confidential material appropriately
- Ability to display a professional demeanor
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Ability to communicate and resolve problems on a timely basis
- Ability to acknowledge full ownership responsibility in accomplishing the business objectives
1. Ability to utilize personal computer, telephone, facsimile, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment
DATE LAST UPDATED: August 7, 2012
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.