Web Developer at Med Nexus in New York, NY
Med Nexus, Inc. is based on the premise of improving quality of care by helping physicians keep up with new medical advances in their field of specialty. Our platform is a medical content recommendation engine, which will dramatically change the way medical literature is consumed by doctors. We will identify and deliver the most relevant content, and provide reading recommendations personalized to each user.
We are looking for a full-time hire or temp/contractor. The ideal candidate is an experienced software developer who is enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and has an interest in Healthcare. We expect the candidate to work with the founders on the following processes:
- Pulling content from a MongoDB through Rest API
- Front-end Web and Mobile application (currently leaning towards a Node.JS server)
- Software architecture
He/she should have a knack for problem-solving and be willing to experiment with creative solutions. He/she should be motivated to work independently and be comfortable with assuming responsibility during key development phases of the product.
- Programming experience in Python/Django or Ruby/Rails
- Experience with software architecture and testing
- An understanding of machine learning algorithms and their applications
- 1-3 years of experience in Healthcare
- 1-3 years of experience working in a startup environment
You will have the opportunity to learn a ton in a short period of time and work closely with the founders. You will be offered a substantial amount of equity and play a pivotal role within the company.