Linux Infrastructure and Operations Engineer at MediaPlatform in Los Angeles, CA
Beverly Hills based MediaPlatform®, the industry leader for best-in-class webcasting and media management technology, is seeking an experienced Infrastructure and Operations Engineer to join our team. Our products enable enterprises serve to secure, real-time video streams and create private video on demand channels to share video and rich media content. Our customers range from Global companies streaming video to tens of thousands of users to emerging business using our products to serve on demand content internally, and to their customers share their message with on demand video and rich media.
Working closely with our Dev/Ops Manager, the Infrastructure and Operations Engineer will be responsible for the build out, configuration, and automation of all Media Platform Linux/Unix systems and services. This role will also support daily operations while helping to develop solutions to improve availability and scaleability of our web application servers.
We are a small team supporting Software Engineering, QA, Hosting and Operations. We are using the newest open source tools to build solutions to solve a broad array of problems. In this role you will be involved with the infrastructure and hosting challenges presented by geographically distributed streaming and on-demand video platforms. There are tremendous opportunities to take our infrastructure and tooling to much higher levels of automation demanded by the complexity of hosting our products both in the cloud and at secured customer locations.
Our ideal team member is an experienced Linux Engineer and comfortable with scripting skills who has worked in AWS and Data Center environments. Who has experience automating systems installation and configuration, and has some working knowledge of source code and release management
- Bachelors or Masters in relevant discipline or combination of education and professional experience
- 5 + years of Linux/UNIX administration experience
- Understanding of Linux/UNIX fundamentals, installation, configuration, OS and services maintenance and debugging of operational problems
- Writing and maintaining systems configuration management tooling in Puppet
- Setup, enhancement, and maintaining of Monitoring and Alerting tools; specifically Nagios, icinga and AWS CloudWatch
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills
- Administration in an environment with 100+ systems
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services - EC2/EBS/S3/SES/EBS/VPC
- Working familiarity with a current SCM tool such as SVN or Git
- Good working knowledge of web server technologies; such as Apache, Tomcat,
- Basic setup and configuration of MySQL
- Solid experience in writing and maintaining shell scripting (bash, sh)
- Startup experience
- Experience with video and web-casting technologies
- Configuring and setting up Adobe media server family (FMS/AMS)
- Experience deploying and managing Node.js based applications
- Configuration, and maintenance of scalable search engines such as SOLR and elasticsearch
- Administration experience with key value stores and message queuing systems such as REDIS and ActiveMQ
- Experience with Build Servers such as Hudson or Jenkins
- Release management with Hudson/SVN
- Working experience with build tools such as Ant and Maven
- Experience configuring and maintaining load balancing tech
- Writing and maintaining scripts in scripting language such as perl, python, or ruby
A high growth opportunity where all team members are encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture in a dynamic and stable company. You will collaborate daily with an experienced senior team and work with the latest cool video technologies from a usability perspective!
We offer a competitive salary, equity and an attractive benefits package including 401(k), paid parking as well as employee medical and dental coverage.
Submit resume and salary history, please no phone inquiries, recruiters or 3rd party employers. Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Currently, we do not offer relocation for this position.