Senior Linux DevOps System Administrator at MediaPlatform in Los Angeles, CA
Senior Linux DevOps System Administrator
Beverly Hills based MediaPlatform®, the industry leader for best-in-class webcasting and media management technology, is seeking an experienced Linux DevOps System Administrator to join our team. Media Platform’s® software products enable our customers to create high impact lead generation, corporate communication and training programs while leveraging the advantages of scalable cloud based computing or on premise deployment, presentation and management of rich media. The company helps clients derive long term archive value from their investment in content.
Working closely with our Dev/Ops Manager, the System Administrator will be responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of all Media Platform Linux/Unix systems. The System Administrator will also support daily operations and help develop strategies to improve availability and utilization of supporting web application servers along with monitoring and alerting.
Our ideal team member is an experienced Linux Guru and comfortable with his or her existing scripting skills as well as experience with Amazon Web Services, configuration management using Puppet, virtualization, and release management (Hudson, SVN).
- Bachelors or Masters in relevant discipline or combination of education and professional experience
- 5 + years of Linux/UNIX administration experience
- In depth understanding of Linux/UNIX fundamentals including kernel subsystems, system calls, inter-process communication, process/resource management and file systems
- Configuration Management with Puppet
- Monitoring and alerting with Nagios and AWS CloudWatch
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills
- Administration in an environment with 100+ systems
- Solid grasp of Amazon Web Services - EC2/EBS/S3/SES/EBS
- Release management with Hudson/SVN
- Extensive knowledge of Apache, including performance tuning for web applications
- Set up MySQL and Active MQ for developers to use
- Startup experience
- Experience with video and webcasting technologies
- Configuring and setting up flash media server
A high growth opportunity where all team members are encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture in a dynamic and stable company. You will collaborate daily with an experienced senior team and work with the latest cool video technologies from a usability perspective!
We offer a competitive salary, equity and an attractive benefits package including 401(k), paid parking as well as employee medical and dental coverage.
Submit resume and salary history, please no phone inquiries, recruiters or 3rd party employers. Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Currently, we do not offer relocation for this position.