Sr. SQL Database Administrator (NY) at Mediaocean in New York, NY
Mediaocean is the world’s largest, independent advertising technology company. Its clients include the most successful advertising agencies, media specialists, media owners and advertisers. Mediaocean’s mission is to give advertising agencies power over technology in a rapidly changing digital landscape. It’s making this a reality through the creation of a global, open and neutral operating system that will benefit the entire industry.
What we need:
A Sr. SQL Database Administrator to join a challenging and dynamic team. This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to have a significant impact on the design and architecture of our database environment.
If you are looking to be a part of a growing organization, then this could be the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Support, evaluate and troubleshoot all functions related to MS SQL Server
- Work with key groups within the organization on projects related to SQL
- Monitor the performance and tuning of database environment
- Support the implementation and maintenance of applications related to SQL
- Administration and support the upkeep of SQL disaster recovery environment
- Maintain all SQL Server documentation
What you’ll bring to the job:
- Strong hands-on-experience on SQL Server
- Experience with both physical and logical data backup
- Experience and Knowledge on shell scripts (scripting experience -Perl/VB)
- Excellent SQL Knowledge, Performance tuning & Capacity planning
- Experience in writing stored procedures, T-SQL, functions, SQL queries
- Working knowledge in normalization, logical and physical data models
- Proficiency in distributed architecture and design, data replication, data security
- Proficiency in SQL Server 2005/2008 optimization, fine-tuning, and scalability techniques
- Experience with data restoration and backup
- Experience implementing and supporting high availability solutions such as clustering, replication, log shipping, or data mirroring
- At least 5+ years Microsoft SQL Server
What else we’d like to see:
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Oracle skills (a big plus!)
- Knowledge of other databases
- Experience working in a 24x7 environment
- If you are ready to be a part of something exciting, pleae apply online.