We're sorry, but this job has been placed on hold. See other open jobs at Mediaocean
Not the right job?
Oracle PL/SQL programmer at Mediaocean in Chicago, IL
What we need
MediaOcean, LLC seeks an Oracle DBA in Chicago, Illinois.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for database installation and configuration.
- Perform maintenance, migration, security, and disaster recovery.
- Responsible for cloning, backup and recovery, performance tuning, capacity and space management.
- Perform database modeling, PL/SQL development, system documentation and system management and support.
- Upgrade, maintain, monitor, patch, and tune Oracle databases.
- Provide support to developers with troubleshooting and performance tuning, including SGA analysis, latch contention analysis, disk subsystem tuning, and SQL tuning of Oracle and custom views and queries.
- Maintain and develop backup/recovery process for Oracle installations using RMAN and/or scripts for online and offline backups and disaster recovery.
- Create monitors and alerts for user sessions, concurrent processes, table extents and locks for production and test/development systems.
- Design and implement database objects. Develop SQL/PLSQL as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the job
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related field, plus five years of experience as a Database Administrator or Database Developer.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience, employer will accept a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related field, plus two years of experience as a Database Administrator or Database Developer.
- Requires experience performing product support for application and database deployment of upgrades and patch releases.
- Experience supporting distributed databases in a multi-server/multi-location environment.
- Strong performance and tuning skills.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions using Oracle technologies.
- Experience working with Oracle support, opening, managing, and resolving Oracle TARs.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of Oracle backup and recovery methodologies.
- Experience in database reorganization, migration, planning capacity, Disaster Recovery, and High-Availability.
- Experience in database performance and SQL tuning. Strong data modeling and PL/SQL programming experience.
- Experience with Unix shell scripting.
- Experience with tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, Spotlight, and Toad.
- Knowledge of Oracle AS and Snapshot technologies.
- Ability to find root causes and provide solutions.
- Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- If you’re ready to be part of something exciting, please apply online.