We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at McGraw-Hill
Not the right job?
SR Account Manager-Social Media/CPG Research at McGraw-Hill in Troy, MI
We are currently seeking a Senior Account Manager in Westlake Village, CA; Westminster, CO; Chicago, IL; Troy, MI; or market based office
Will be responsible for developing new Social Media business opportunities (text analytics) among Fortune 500 companies in the United States and contribute substantially to J.D. Power and Associates revenues.
- Identify and qualify likely sales targets
- Create compelling sales approaches and collaborate with marketing on the development of sales materials
- Persuasively present company research in consultative/solution based sales approach
- Write clear, specific, accurate proposals that get new business
- Identify new applications for online social media research that meet customer needs and can be successfully sold and implemented
- Develop understanding of social media research needs and environment to support development of relevant new research products-both syndicated and custom/proprietary
- Effectively handle day-to-day contact for accounts, field ad-hoc requests, and coordinate account service-related activity
- Ensure accurate tracking of recognizable revenue and compatibility with revenue tracking system
- Keep accounts current in SalesForce.com
- Field all sales-related client inquiries in a timely manner
- BA/BS degree required, MBA desirable
- 5+ years of professional/consultative and business development experience
- Previous experience with Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
- Excellent written and verbal skills required for everything from proposal development to leading client seminars/presentations and planning sessions
- Demonstrated track record of sales revenue generation, growth, and ability to close sales
- 33 - 50% travel
- Experience related to general marketing industry issues
- Knowledge and expertise of online marketing/media
Regular full-time employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies routinely receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
Can you channel the Voice of the Customer? Join J.D. Power and Associates, a global marketing information services company operating in key business sectors including market research, forecasting, performance improvement, Web intelligence and customer satisfaction. The company's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. Help us inform people about the choices they make, and show businesses how they can better meet consumers' needs. J.D. Power and Associates is a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.