Editorial Operations Associate 26893 at McGraw-Hill in Houston, TX
Platts is looking for an Editorial Operations Associate to join our team in Houston, TX
This position is to support the US-based editorial staff using proprietary editorial systems to produce market news, commentaries and price assessments for Platts real-time services and publications. The team is responsible for providing front-line support and training for those systems to enable high quality editorial content to be delivered accurately and on time. Editorial Operations staff troubleshoots production issues and gather requirements to create/modify forms and reports for new and existing market coverage. Strict attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines effectively is required. Editorial Operations also constitutes the principle line of communication from Editorial to the Technology group and good communication skills are essential.
• Responsible for providing solutions to the Editorial group using the proprietary editorial system (EWS/PEN)
• Responsible for troubleshooting production issues and escalating as necessary
• Provide support to the Editorial group by overseeing real time systems during business critical periods e.g. during MOC (Market-on-Close)
• Training and supporting editors in the use of editorial system
• Responsible for maintaining editorial system itinerary and documenting operating procedures
• Support new releases, development and co-ordinate user acceptance testing and implementation of the editorial system
• Responsible for providing administrative support for the Methodology Tracking Tool (MTT) system and other editorial systems
• The position plays a key role linking editorial, product management, technology and customer support teams and is critical for editorial day to day functioning.
• This position will interact with all groups in US as well as some in Europe and Asia
Four year degree
Strong prioritization skills, ability to respond to deadlines, multi-task orientation, strong analytical/problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work independently and a team-oriented approach are needed to excel in Platts cutting edge environment.
• Knowledge of financial real-time production criticality’s including ability to diagnose data flow failures, application failures. Intense problem solving, quick problem resolution, organization, communication, interpersonal and follow-up skills are required. In addition, commitment to schedules and team project responsibilities are required for the success of this position.
• Knowledge of Pega Technology, Market Data and Attributes, Taxonomy is an advantage.
• Must be a team player, prepared to step in to assist colleagues, including those in other regions, and active in keeping other team members in the loop on problems as they arise and how they are resolved.
• Must be flexible and able to enjoy a variety of different projects in a very varied work environment.
Problem Solving: Customer support analyst or editor will inform of a problem with eForm/fixed pages /publications etc. Applicant needs to have an ability to identify the problem and implement solutions. The real time nature of the work along with meeting strict deadlines requires the applicant to have the ability to work well under pressure.
• Decision Making and Prioritization: Global and Real time work will create last minutes changes, requiring applicant to make decisions under pressure and to prioritize work.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.