Vice President of Business Development, Digital Agencies at Mass Relevance in...
About Mass Relevance:
Mass Relevance helps brands, media and agencies get more from their social media efforts by building social experiences into their marketing strategy. The Mass Relevance SaaS platform is leveraged to create real-time consumer engagement by aggregating, filtering, and re-displaying social content from any social network to any digital property – TV, web, mobile, or jumbotron. With over 30 pre-built social experiences and custom solutions in the form of polls, Q&As, filtered streams, second screen experiences, leaderboards, and more, Mass Relevance makes it easy to integrate social into any campaign or media effort. These experiences drive greater ROI by making 'owned' media experiences more participative and 'amplifiable' – increasing sharing, time on site, brand/product consideration and followers/fans. Mass Relevance is a Certified Twitter Partner and also pulls in social content from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google+. In just over two years, more than 250 major brands, sports teams, publishers and broadcasters have used Mass Relevance to layer social into their media efforts. This includes Victoria's Secret, Patagonia, Nike, GE, American Express, Pepsi, MTV, The Oscars, CBS, Fox and NBC.
Mass Relevance is looking for an entrepreneurial leader for our business development and agency partnership programs in either New York City, Austin or Chicago. This person will lead the business development team, including directors, and will be responsible for developing and executing alliances around the world focused on how Ad Agencies (digital and social) leverage our platform to add value to their clients’ social media and marketing programs. We currently work with agencies and directly with clients and this person will spearhead structuring partnerships that benefit all parties. This individual will be responsible for an annual agency channel revenue target, operations and process best practices, pricing structures and much more.
- You have to be passionate about our business and enjoy the pace and ambiguity that comes with a growing startup.
- You’ll have to be a good speaker and confidently demonstrate the value of our innovative product to agencies and partners.
- You need attention to detail, focus, self-discipline, and perseverance.
- You should be a thought leader in the social space, be curious, and synthesize our position and solutions to what’s happening in a dynamic industry.
- A willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally.
- You have to have had agency experience -- either working for or with agencies (whether they are traditional, digital, etc)
- If you have recent experience working AT an Agency where you led business development and/or account management efforts, please keep reading...
- If you have 7+ years of experience in business development and/or marketing, please keep reading
- If you have solid social media experience, keep reading
- If you embody the cultural traits of teamwork, openness, fun, and excellence keep reading..
- If you are looking for a challenge and want to ‘own’ something in a social startup that is expected to triple in growth next year, keep reading…
- If you’re one of the top employees where you work, keep reading…
- If you’re a combination of several of these, please apply.
- If you’re not any of these things, thank you for considering us.
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Fantastic Fridays – team building events on the first Friday of every month.
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin with parking included
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- New Mac laptops and monitors provided for all new employees
- Fresh, healthy lunches prepared daily by our company Chef.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Cell phone allowances
A little more on Mass Relevance...
Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. In our first 2 years we’ve grown to 70 people and over 200 large media and brand customers. Yet, we feel like this is just the beginning. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
-- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker