Sales Director for Brand at Mass Relevance in Austin, TX
About Mass Relevance:
Mass Relevance helps brands, media and agencies get more from their social media efforts by building social experiences into their marketing strategy. The Mass Relevance SaaS platform is leveraged to create real-time consumer engagement by aggregating, filtering, and re-displaying social content from any social network to any digital property – TV, web, mobile, or jumbotron. With over 30 pre-built social experiences and custom solutions in the form of polls, Q&As, filtered streams, second screen experiences, leaderboards, and more, Mass Relevance makes it easy to integrate social into any campaign or media effort. These experiences drive greater ROI by making 'owned' media experiences more participative and 'amplifiable' – increasing sharing, time on site, brand/product consideration and followers/fans. Mass Relevance is a Certified Twitter Partner and also pulls in social content from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google+. In just over two years, more than 250 major brands, sports teams, publishers and broadcasters have used Mass Relevance to layer social into their media efforts. This includes Victoria's Secret, Patagonia, Nike, GE, American Express, Pepsi, MTV, The Oscars, CBS, Fox and NBC.
Mass Relevance is looking for an exceptionally talented person who is looking for serious upside potential. You will manage accounts nationwide and will carry the entire sales process from start to finish - with our help along the way.
To be successful you'll need to work hard and play hard. You have to be passionate and curious about our business and enjoy the pace and ambiguity that comes with a growing startup. You must be a self-starter with a high results drive and ability to persevere while pursuing hundreds of prospects that need our solution.
- Partner with Inside Sales Account Executives to prospect, create, and qualify leads.
- Work with client’s internal marketing, social and digital teams to identify organizational needs and objectives.
- Demonstrate and sell value of our innovative solutions to brand marketers and executives.
- Maintain a fresh perspective in diagnosing client issues in order to prescribe the best possible solutions and achieve superior client satisfaction with our service.
- Establish credibility and rapport in relationships with senior executives and project champions.
- Use Salesforce to record progress with accounts and stay organized.
- Be accountable for individual goals and metrics, as well as team and company targets.
- Partners with multiple internal teams to ensure the delivery, revenue, and general objectives of clients are being met.
- Initiates projects to improve efficiency in current sales processes.
- Become a subject matter expert on all Mass Relevance solutions and the industry space, keeping current on new ideas, developments and trends.
- Provide ideas to help continuously improve our solutions and keep the company informed about customer feedback and data gathered in the field.
- Experience creating markets (5+ preferred), moving prospects along the sales cycle, and closing large enterprise customers at big brand organizations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of social media players, trends, and platforms.
- Must be goal oriented and demonstrate a track record of success.
- Must be able to supply metrics around sales/revenue goals.
- Attention to detail and organization is paramount.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to assess and synthesize date to create compelling stories that motivate prospects to take action.
- Experience working with complex and customizable enterprise solutions.
- Demonstrable skills in independent judgment and problem solving.
- Ability to work with urgency and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Fantastic Fridays – team building events on the first Friday of every month.
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin with parking included
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- New Mac laptops and monitors provided for all new employees
- Fresh, healthy lunches prepared daily by our company Chef.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Cell phone allowances
A little more about us from our CEO, Sam Decker:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker