Ruby/Rails Engineer at Mass Relevance in Austin, TX
About Mass Relevance:
Mass Relevance helps brands, media and agencies get more from their social media efforts by building social experiences into their marketing strategy. The Mass Relevance SaaS platform is leveraged to create real-time consumer engagement by aggregating, filtering, and re-displaying social content from any social network to any digital property – TV, web, mobile, or jumbotron. With over 30 pre-built social experiences and custom solutions in the form of polls, Q&As, filtered streams, second screen experiences, leaderboards, and more, Mass Relevance makes it easy to integrate social into any campaign or media effort. These experiences drive greater ROI by making 'owned' media experiences more participative and 'amplifiable' – increasing sharing, time on site, brand/product consideration and followers/fans. Mass Relevance is a Certified Twitter Partner and also pulls in social content from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google+. In just over two years, more than 250 major brands, sports teams, publishers and broadcasters have used Mass Relevance to layer social into their media efforts. This includes Victoria's Secret, Patagonia, Nike, GE, American Express, Pepsi, MTV, The Oscars, CBS, Fox and NBC.
Mass Relevance is looking for a talented Ruby/Rails Engineer who’s interested in working on a variety of projects in a dynamic environment, focused on the intersection of social + entertainment/media/sports/brands. Your code will enable major brands to filter through and redisplay social content on their websites, TV and Jumbotrons.
- Enjoy writing code that you want to talk about with your friends
- Get excited about scaling and increasing the performance of applications
- Love building elegant web experiences in Ruby
- Like to deploy software multiple times a day
We’re expecting this position to be an integral part of our developer-oriented company. We offer competitive compensation plus stock options in our early-stage venture-backed company.
- Experience with Ruby, Rails, Git
- Web application / SaaS experience
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, fun start-up environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Redis, Varnish, Cassandra, EventMachine
- AWS experience (EC2, S3, CloudFront)
- Experience designing for social media or web 2.0 sites/apps
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Fantastic Fridays – team building events on the first Friday of every month.
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin with parking included
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- New Mac laptops and monitors provided for all new employees
- Fresh, healthy lunches prepared daily by our company Chef.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Cell phone allowances
A little more about us from our CEO, Sam Decker:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker