Ruby/Rails Engineer at Mass Relevance in Austin, TX
Mass Relevance is looking for a talented Ruby/Rails Engineer who’s interested in working on a variety of projects in a dynamic environment, focused on the intersection of social + entertainment/media/sports/brands. Your code will enable major brands to filter through and redisplay social content on their websites, TV and Jumbotrons.
- Enjoy writing code that you want to talk about with your friends
- Get excited about scaling and increasing the performance of applications
- Love building elegant web experiences in Ruby
- Like to deploy software multiple times a day
We’re expecting this position to be an integral part of our developer-oriented company. We offer competitive compensation plus stock options in our early-stage venture-backed company.
- Experience with Ruby, Rails, Git
- Web application / SaaS experience
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, fun start-up environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Redis, Varnish, Cassandra, EventMachine
- AWS experience (EC2, S3, CloudFront)
- Experience designing for social media or web 2.0 sites/apps
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- On-site chef Monday through Friday
- Unlimited beverages
- Fun Friday – team building events on the last Friday of every month. If it’s your Birthday month – you decide on the activity
About Mass Relevance:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partner of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.