Quality Engineer at Mass Relevance in Austin, TX
About Mass Relevance:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. In our first 2 years we’ve grown to 70 people and over 200 large media and brand customers. Yet, we feel like this is just the beginning. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
-- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker
Mass Relevance is looking for a Quality Engineer with up to 5 years experience who’s excited to work in a dynamic environment, focused on the testing of customer facing visualizations. Your tests will ensure Mass Relevance customers have a successful first impression of our workmanship.
- Enjoy discovering what makes technology work
- Excited to work on projects going to major customers such as Pepsi, Madonna and Disney.
- Familiar with an array of browsers and their complexities
We’re expecting this position to be an integral part of our developer-oriented company. We offer competitive compensation plus stock options in our early-stage venture-backed company.
- Experience with browser based testing
- Experience creating, managing, and executing test plans
- Analytical thinker who is able to discover and debug issues
- Experience in mobile device testing
- Ability to prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, fun start-up environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with automation
- Experience in customer service relationships
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- Company chef caters healthy lunches all week
- Unlimited beverages and snacks
- Fun Friday – team building events on the last Friday of every month. If it’s your Birthday month – you decide on the activity
- State of the art technology/equipment
- Flexible work schedule
- Offices downtown
- Competitive compensation, which includes equity and benefits