Public Relations & Brand Communications Intern at Mass Relevance in Austin, TX
About Mass Relevance:
Mass Relevance helps brands, media and agencies get more from their social media efforts by building social experiences into their marketing strategy. The Mass Relevance SaaS platform is leveraged to create real-time consumer engagement by aggregating, filtering, and re-displaying social content from any social network to any digital property – TV, web, mobile, or jumbotron. With over 30 pre-built social experiences and custom solutions in the form of polls, Q&As, filtered streams, second screen experiences, leaderboards, and more, Mass Relevance makes it easy to integrate social into any campaign or media effort. These experiences drive greater ROI by making 'owned' media experiences more participative and 'amplifiable' – increasing sharing, time on site, brand/product consideration and followers/fans. Mass Relevance is a Certified Twitter Partner and also pulls in social content from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google+. In just over two years, more than 250 major brands, sports teams, publishers and broadcasters have used Mass Relevance to layer social into their media efforts. This includes Victoria's Secret, Patagonia, Nike, GE, American Express, Pepsi, MTV, The Oscars, CBS, Fox and NBC.
Mass Relevance is looking for an intern to assist with all aspects of brand communications, including PR, executive speaking engagements, analyst relations and community outreach. The individual who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom, gaining valuable experience owning projects from ideation to completion. The intern will assist with a variety of brand communications initiatives that directly impact the success of a fast paced, early stage startup. Responsibilities include developing press releases, researching media contacts and strategies, briefing analysts and influencers on the company, planning local marketing activities, completing industry award nominations, and coordinating executive speaking engagements. If you are a strong writer with excellent communication skills and a passion for the social media industry, we want to speak with you!
This role will report to the Senior Manager of Brand Communications and work closely with the sales, client operations, analytics and product marketing teams.
- Assist with developing and writing press releases and blog posts
- Assist with media relations, including researching reporters and industry trends
- Maintain the news coverage & press release library
- Build and maintain press kits
- Proof read written materials for style, grammar, etc.
- Create briefing emails for analyst and influencers to inform them of company, client and partner news
- Assist with planning and executing local marketing activities, including events, media opportunities and speaking engagements
- Identify and complete corporate & executive award entries
- Assist with coordinating executive speaking engagements,
- Participate in program ideation and group brainstorming sessions
- Marketing, journalism, or PR student highly desirable
- Excellent writing and grammar skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both in a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- A sense of humor, positive attitude and passion for the social media industry
- Ability to add strategic input throughout the course of a project (you aren’t just an order taker!)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong.
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork.
- Fantastic Fridays – team building events on the first Friday of every month.
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin with parking included.
- Fresh, healthy lunches prepared daily by our company Chef.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks.
A little more about us from our CEO, Sam Decker:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker