Product Marketing Manager - Media at Mass Relevance in Austin, TX
About Mass Relevance:
Mass Relevance helps brands, media and agencies get more from their social media efforts by building social experiences into their marketing strategy. The Mass Relevance SaaS platform is leveraged to create real-time consumer engagement by aggregating, filtering, and re-displaying social content from any social network to any digital property – TV, web, mobile, or jumbotron. With over 30 pre-built social experiences and custom solutions in the form of polls, Q&As, filtered streams, second screen experiences, leaderboards, and more, Mass Relevance makes it easy to integrate social into any campaign or media effort. These experiences drive greater ROI by making 'owned' media experiences more participative and 'amplifiable' – increasing sharing, time on site, brand/product consideration and followers/fans. Mass Relevance is a Certified Twitter Partner and also pulls in social content from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google+. In just over two years, more than 250 major brands, sports teams, publishers and broadcasters have used Mass Relevance to layer social into their media efforts. This includes Victoria's Secret, Patagonia, Nike, GE, American Express, Pepsi, MTV, The Oscars, CBS, Fox and NBC.
Do you have experience messaging, positioning and packaging cool technology, solutions and partnerships?
- Do you have experience in media/broadcast or are you excited to work in this space?
- Do you get excited about working in the media/broadcast space?
- Do you enjoy training sales and client services?
- Do you love collaborating with marketing to get the word out about the latest offerings?
- Are you a good writer?
- Are you excited about the social media space?
As a Product Marketing Manager for Media/Broadcast, you will be responsible for the
product marketing for all Mass Relevance solutions and services to media and broadcast
networks and clients (clients include Fox, NBC, ESPN, CNN, Oscars, etc.). You will be
reporting to the Director of Product Marketing.
You will craft the messaging, positioning, and related sales tools for Mass Relevance
products and services. In addition, you'll work with the demand generation team at
Mass Relevance to help develop marketing campaigns with compelling hooks to drive
interest in Mass Relevance products and services. Strong writing skills, creativity,
communication ability, attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability
to grasp and translate product/partnership capabilities into benefits are crucial. In
your role as a Product Marketing Manager you will become the resident expert on the
media/broadcast space, their key motivators and how to best sell them the benefits of
Mass Relevance solutions.
To be successful you'll have to be passionate and curious about social media and how
it is reshaping how companies interact with their customers. You must be comfortable
working to the pace and ambiguity that comes with a growing startup. You must be a
self-starter with a high results drive and ability to deliver high quality marketing and
sales materials and enablement quickly and efficiently.
- Quickly become the resident expert on Media and Broadcast target market – key personas, KPIs, trends, competition…and the messages and hooks that resonate, and work with marketing and sales to leverage that expertise in driving traffic acquisition and conversion, and accelerating the sales cycle
- Quickly become the subject matter expert on Mass Relevance solutions that are relevant to this industry space (TV and Media), keeping current on new ideas, developments and trends
- Develop and enhance product positioning and messaging about Mass Relevance offerings targeted to media/broadcast audiences
- Equip sales by effectively communicating the value propositions of the solutions and services and new partnership-related capabilities
- Concept and deliver new creative solution packages designed to introduce sales into new media/broadcast accounts and accelerate the sales cycle
- Develop the sales tools necessary to support the sales process, such as sales presentations, competitive briefs, FAQs, etc.
- Collaborate successfully with product management, marketing and sales teams to plan and execute the launch of new products, product features and service offerings targeted to the media/broadcast customer base
- Refine and recommend appropriate pricing plans for relevant offerings
- Interact with sales, client services and clients on a regular basis to continuously vet messaging and positioning and refine as needed
- Provide ideas/input back to Product Management to help continuously improve our solutions and keep the company informed about customer feedback and data gathered in the field
- Will include some travel
- 4+ years of product marketing experience
- Prior experience in B2B marketing and SaaS preferred
- Contagious enthusiasm about social media
- Very strong written communication skills (writing samples will be required as part of the interview process)
- Attention to detail and organization is paramount
- Effective verbal and presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering to schedule and to results
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams and third parties
- Bachelor's in business or marketing, MBA preferred
- Prior knowledge of the media/broadcast space strongly preferred, but not required. However, ability to ramp quickly to expertise in this space is essential
- Creativity a plus!
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Fantastic Fridays – team building events on the first Friday of every month.
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin with parking included
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- New Mac laptops and monitors provided for all new employees
- Fresh, healthy lunches prepared daily by our company Chef.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Cell phone allowances
A little more about us from our CEO, Sam Decker:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker