Product Manager at Mass Relevance in Austin, TX
About Mass Relevance:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. In our first 2 years we’ve grown to 70 people and over 200 large media and brand customers. Yet, we feel like this is just the beginning. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
-- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker
At Mass Relevance, we’ve created a powerful social engagement platform which supports advanced sourcing, aggregation, curation, moderation, display, participation, and integration capabilities around social content. We serve clients such as MTV, NBC Sports, Fox Sports, Parmount Pictures, New York Times, Pepsi, American Express, Cisco, and over a hundred others. In 2011, Twitter selected Mass Relevance as the first curation partner officially licensed to re-syndicate Twitter content.
With this company growth, we are looking to build out our product management team to shape and define the future direction of the company.
- Are interested in the cutting edge of what’s happening in “social”, and know the basics of terms like Twitter Firehose and OpenGraph.
- Love to innovate and build amazing products – but hate to write pages and pages of requirements.
- Have a solid product management background and experience.
- Want to be part of a small product management team that works with incredible design and engineering talent.
- Can geek out and go deep on detailed topics like API’s, analytics and UX/UI - yet also see the big picture and talk roadmap, business cases, and strategic decisions.
- Are comfortable with the fast moving pace and rapidly evolving priorities inherent in a startup moving at warp speed.
- Are smart and fun.
- Demonstrable knowledge of social media players, trends, and platforms.
- Ability to assess and synthesize data to create compelling stories for the development of new products.
- Experience working with complex and customizable enterprise products.
- Demonstrable skills in independent judgment and problem solving.
- Strong analytical skills to test and measure the impact of new solutions.
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- Company chef caters healthy lunches all week
- Unlimited beverages and snacks
- Fun Friday – team building events on the last Friday of every month. If it’s your Birthday month – you decide on the activity
- State of the art technology/equipment
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation, which includes equity and benefits