Marketing Events Manager at Mass Relevance in Austin, TX
About Mass Relevance:
Mass Relevance helps brands, media and agencies get more from their social media efforts by building social experiences into their marketing strategy. The Mass Relevance SaaS platform is leveraged to create real-time consumer engagement by aggregating, filtering, and re-displaying social content from any social network to any digital property – TV, web, mobile, or jumbotron. With over 30 pre-built social experiences and custom solutions in the form of polls, Q&As, filtered streams, second screen experiences, leaderboards, and more, Mass Relevance makes it easy to integrate social into any campaign or media effort. These experiences drive greater ROI by making 'owned' media experiences more participative and 'amplifiable' – increasing sharing, time on site, brand/product consideration and followers/fans. Mass Relevance is a Certified Twitter Partner and also pulls in social content from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google+. In just over two years, more than 250 major brands, sports teams, publishers and broadcasters have used Mass Relevance to layer social into their media efforts. This includes Victoria's Secret, Patagonia, Nike, GE, American Express, Pepsi, MTV, The Oscars, CBS, Fox and NBC.
Mass Relevance is seeking a smart, ambitious and motivated Marketing Events Manager. The main focus of this position is to develop and manage events and marketing programs that promote the Mass Relevance brand and drive demand. The Marketing Events Manager will report to the Head of Marketing and collaborate closely with the Sr. Events Manager on all event plans and executions.
- Collaborate with Sr. Events manager to develop and drive the Mass Relevance events strategy including building out the roadmap, managing events across vertical industries, researching and evaluating new opportunities, and making recommendations to the team on level of investment and participation.
- Assist in planning and execution of Mass Relevance’s SXSW immersive experience and other major events like CES, Advertising Week, Shop.org Annual Summit and NAB.
- Manage multi-channel marketing plans and logistics for and around tradeshows and events including digital marketing, in-venue and on-site branding, client marketing and communications, etc.
- Set lead targets and track ROI of all events and related marketing programs.
- Direct pre-event operations including event staffing, speaker management, travel coordination, agendas, on-site needs and sales preparation.
- Initiate and manage Mass Relevance prospect and client webinars.
- Coordinate post-event follow-up strategy to ensure full prospect lifecycle communication goals are met.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- You have 2+ years of work experience in event marketing, ideally working for a technology company or agency.
- You are maniacally focused on details and have proven project management skills
- You’re creativity can be seen in the work you’ve done
- You have excellent project management skills and are highly organized.
- You can multi-task without missing a beat.
- You work efficiently are dependable and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You love social media and stay on top of the latest tools and techniques.
- You have a sense of humor, positive attitude, and passion for business and entrepreneurship.
- You’ve worked with marketing automation or ESPs before (i.e. Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot, Exact Target, Mailchimp etc.)
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Fantastic Fridays – team building events on the first Friday of every month.
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin with parking included
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- New Mac laptops and monitors provided for all new employees
- Fresh, healthy lunches prepared daily by our company Chef.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Cell phone allowances
A little more about us from our CEO, Sam Decker:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker