Interaction Designer at Mass Relevance in Austin, TX
Mass Relevance is looking for an Interaction Designer to join the creative team. In this position you will be working closely with visual/UI designers, engineers and product managers to help define and evolve the user experience of our platform. You will be part of a growing team that balances business, market, and user goals to define our platform strategy as well as its user experience.
- Identify user interface requirements to help define project approach and user experience strategy
- Define interaction models and user workflows through wireframes and prototypes for multiple platforms including smartphones, tablets and web browsers
- Communicate research findings, design concepts and solutions to cross-functional teams
- Work with visual designers and engineers through implementation to ensure the best possible solution is created
- 1-2 years of hands-on interaction design delivering (experience with social and/or complex web apps a plus)
- Basic usability testing procedures
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS
- VIsual / UI design experience
- Client-based (agency style) design project work
About Mass Relevance:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. In our first 2 years we’ve grown to over 70+ people and over 200 large media and brand customers. Yet, we feel like this is just the beginning. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Fantastic Fridays – team building events on the first Friday of every month.
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin with parking included
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- New Mac laptops and monitors provided for all new employees
- Fresh, healthy lunches prepared daily by our company Chef.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Cell phone allowances