Client Partner at Mass Relevance in Austin, TX
About Mass Relevance:
Mass Relevance helps brands, media and agencies get more from their social media efforts by building social experiences into their marketing strategy. The Mass Relevance SaaS platform is leveraged to create real-time consumer engagement by aggregating, filtering, and re-displaying social content from any social network to any digital property – TV, web, mobile, or jumbotron. With over 30 pre-built social experiences and custom solutions in the form of polls, Q&As, filtered streams, second screen experiences, leaderboards, and more, Mass Relevance makes it easy to integrate social into any campaign or media effort. These experiences drive greater ROI by making 'owned' media experiences more participative and 'amplifiable' – increasing sharing, time on site, brand/product consideration and followers/fans. Mass Relevance is a Certified Twitter Partner and also pulls in social content from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google+. In just over two years, more than 250 major brands, sports teams, publishers and broadcasters have used Mass Relevance to layer social into their media efforts. This includes Victoria's Secret, Patagonia, Nike, GE, American Express, Pepsi, MTV, The Oscars, CBS, Fox and NBC.
A Successful Client Partner
All influencer. This resource inserts him/herself as an invaluable resource into the entire client leadership team to promote and innovate on behalf of the client as if s/he were an employee themself.
A Day In The Life
A Client Partner’s “typical” day includes:
- Digest, evaluate and communicate messages across internal and external stakeholders
- Empathize with client concerns and consider for untapped solution opportunities
- Surface solution synergies across client’s siloed departments or alternative industry verticals
- Ideate on an upcoming client event to create a solution proposal to wow the client with an easy win
- Navigate new client management structure to secure annual marketing calendar
- Schedule onsite Creative Workshop to map marketing calendar to creative solution concepts
- Audit internal Health Indices across client portfolio for any recent changes
- Review accounts in Renewal stage to confirm on track for deliverables and next steps
- Leverage Mass Relevance Analytics team to begin building the quantitative story to a recent client campaign
- Publish Client Playbook reflecting 6mth solution roadmap
- Escalate frustrated client with Sales Director to assess next steps to diffuse
- Collate client product feedback from training refresher with Mass Relevance Product team
- Thrive managing a fast paced, high volume work load
- Easily shift with the ebb and flow of a startup culture
Client Partner candidates need to be able to prove they can deliver these key skills:
- Trust & Momentum: Generate trust, buy in and momentum with executive level client stakeholders that value what you offer
- Client Advocate: Think and champion as a true client advocate
- Acting General Manager: Independently own, navigate, protect and run personal business portfolio
- Collaborator: Incite internal teams to create mutual wins for clients and Mass Relevance versus dictating client demands
- Influence without History: Go to thought leader that creates impact with influence where deep relationships may not exist
- Business Extrovert: Motivated to find and forge executive relationships across an organization
- Curiosity & Initiative: Naturally driven to explore, learn more and connect the dots
- Fresh Evangelist: Proactively ideate solutions and surface opportunities clients cannot see
- Nimble Thinker: Out of the box thinker that thrives off new challenges and discovering different answers
- Listen & Translate: Map client motivations and often indirect objectives into tangible and actionable solutions
- Budget Savvy: Comfortable managing difficult client financial discussions and challenges with key economic buyers
- Ad Hoc Confidence: Navigate scenarios out of your comfort zone striking the right balance of humility and swagger
- Filter & Articulate: Filter and articulate updates and expectations for internal or external consumption
- Learn on the fly: Initiative to self direct and curiosity to absorb through doing
- Social Advocate: A believer, follower and explorer of social media
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Fantastic Fridays – team building events on the first Friday of every month.
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin with parking included
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- New Mac laptops and monitors provided for all new employees
- Fresh, healthy lunches prepared daily by our company Chef.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Cell phone allowances
A little more about us from our CEO, Sam Decker:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker