Lead Application Operations Engineer at MarketShare in Los Angeles, CA
Lead Application Operations Engineer
Location: Los Angeles or SF Bay Area
Apply Now!: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=oKZNXfwd&s=td
Marketshare is growing and looking for an extraordinary Lead Application Operations Engineer to join our team. Our Saas offerings capitalize on use of big analytics on big data to help Fortune 500 companies optimize their advertising and marketing spend. Our goal is to deliver innovative and intuitive user experience for brand marketers to make better budget allocation decisions on a day to day basis. We have created an advanced predictive analytics big data platform on the cloud that crunches large volumes of data, builds and applies models to allow the marketers to run what-if scenarios on real life budget allocation situations and get a recommendation on better allocation.
In this role you will run along the cutting edge with an all-star lineup of experts in computer science, software engineering, marketing science, operation research and marketing strategy. You will lead, prioritize, evangelize, and ship the next generation of SaaS products to an under penetrated market that is yielding 10X return on investment for the Marketers.
The specific mission is to build the most sophisticated analytical engine that delivers a user equalizing product experience that puts actionable insights front and center while keeping the complexity completely behind the curtain. Are you are ready to be challenged every day in spite of mastering the craft of product building? Are you are willing to listen to the end user and iteratively entice them? Meet us at the crossroads of ‘Mad Men,’ Math, and Scientific Computing and help us blaze the marketing analytics trail.
- Mentors a team of application support developers
- Responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of reliable, cost effective Analytical Applications in a hosted environment.
- Experience customer requirements first hand and design solutions which go beyond traditional BI solutions.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new Analytics.
- Identifies and promotes best practices and patterns for solution design & implementation and all activities related to development, support and maintenance
- Works with Project Managers and Business Owners to plan and prepare for new projects
- Identify and promote best practices and patterns for the setup, configuration and management including databases, servers, and network and storage systems
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that promotes a high level of personal commitment and accountability and a continued focus on quality and efficiency
- Work in a high paced and rewarding environment with bleeding edge technologies and innovative concepts
- Increase team output through innovation and focus, and deliver relevant, scalable, innovative products , concept to successful implementation while going Mach III with your hair on fire
What We Look For
As a company developing innovative and ground-breaking solutions for our clients, we recognize that candidates from distinct backgrounds may be a good potential fit. Our ideal candidates possess previous experience delivering scalable SaaS products, and quite comfortable with data intensive, analytics products from concept to launch.
Must Haves: (please highlight your experience specifically with enterprise Saas based predictive analytics products)
- Bachelors Degree, with 8-12 years of experience developing systems and software for enterprise software with significant part in Application development and support.
- Strong experience in Application Development and Support using Java, J2EE and Object oriented design and programming
- Strong design and coding skills with experience in web technologies: Java, Grails, Hibernate, Spring, Ruby, Perl, C++, AJAX, JSP, Web Services, XML, SOAP, PHP, SOA frameworks, HTTP(s) & JMS protocols, CSS, XHTML, Linux, Apache
- Strong with SQL and understand the behavioral differences of at least two major databases ( Mysql, Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase, DB2)
- Must have experience in developing and supporting Software as a Services (SaaS) systems
- Experience of Change management, Incident management, Problem Management in a corporate environment required
- Experience in developing Application strategy – requirements gathering, identification of customer needs, data and technical architecture definition etc.
- Experience with Software Development lifecycle including requirements, analysis, design, development and maintenance
- Should be familiar with reporting tools.
- Experience on industry standard application monitoring/instrumentation tools.
- Training is critical part of Implementation process; candidate should have had experience preparing training material as well as delivering effective training to the end users.
- The candidate must be able to think and act independently as required & must possess strong communication skills.
- Leadership qualities, manages and mentors a team
- A good team player, high level of personal commitment & 'can do' attitude.
- Strong communication skill to communicate at all levels, which includes interaction within the team & with senior management.
- The candidate should have proactive approach towards problem solving.
- Good analysis skills in order to troubleshoot and resolve the problems.
- Not having constraints to respond to work requirements at various times of the day/night including for On-call duties and/or weekend activities.
- Should have full life-cycle experience in large, global multi-tiered systems
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization through our platform of combined technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions. We are reshaping the way companies think about advertising and marketing their products and services and deliver unprecedented recommendations and checkpoints to help them achieve the best possible ROI via marketing. The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading.
We pride ourselves on a track record of developing ground-breaking innovations in predictive analytics and software, and delivering insights that exceed client expectations, which has led to continued growth and long-term client relationships. MarketShare is currently powering marketing and media insights for many of the Fortune 500 companies, leading ad agencies and large media conglomerates around the world. We have helped direct over $100 billion in marketing spend for clients in over 45 countries and all U.S. DMA's.
MarketShare was recently named one of "LA's 10 Hottest Start-ups" by Inc.
After closing our most recent funding round of $38 million, we're looking to push the marketing industry forward.
MarketShare team has grown worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Bangalore.
Apply Now: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=ol5SXfwZ&s=td
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact MarketShare Employees with unsolicited resumes.