Internship Financial Planning & Analysis at MarketShare in Los Angeles, CA
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization through our platform of combined technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions. We are reshaping the way companies think about advertising and marketing their products and services and delivers unprecedented recommendations and checkpoints to help them achieve the best possible ROI via marketing. The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading.
We pride ourselves on a track record of developing ground-breaking innovations in predictive analytics and software, and delivering insights that exceed client expectations, which has led to continued growth and long-term client relationships. MarketShare is currently powering marketing and media insights for many of the Fortune 500 companies, leading ad agencies and large media conglomerates around the world. We have helped direct over $100 billion in marketing spend for clients in over 45 countries and all U.S. DMA's.
MarketShare team has employees worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Bangalore. MarketShare provides a unique opportunity for professionals seeking to develop and grow their skills in marketing, analytics, consulting, and project management through intensive client engagements and ongoing firm development.
Our Financial Planning & Analysis internship is an excellent opportunity to gain experience building financial and operational capabilities at a fast growth software company. The ideal candidate will have the ability to assist the FP&A Manager in reviewing, analyzing, preparing financial reports and other financial documents to support executives in the strategic decision making process. Typical projects you will be assigned include: revenue backlog and cost-variance analyses, pipeline forecasting, financial modeling/reconciliations, and other related activities.
- Provides FP&A administrative support to manager and internal customers
- Research and analyze problems, compile and analyze data, and prepare reports/recommendations using Excel and PowerPoint
- Coordinate activities with other teams within MarketShare to gather information to produce action-oriented reports and analyses
- Contribute to the creation of materials for quarterly board of director meetings
Knowledge and skills requirements
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
- A task-oriented approach
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Competent at multi-tasking
- Preferred: 1-2 years of work experience in a professional environment, in a financial and/or business capacity
- Ideal candidate will be working towards a Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- Must be available to work at least 20 hours a week
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact MarketShare Employees with unsolicited resumes.