Technical Support Analyst at Manilla in San Francisco, CA
About this Start-up
2012 Webby award winner Manilla <http://www.manilla.com> is the definitive digital account management service that instantly gets consumers organized, reduces clutter and stress, and saves time and money. With Manilla, consumers get an up-to-the-minute organized view of all their household accounts - including financial, utilities, travel rewards, and subscriptions – anywhere, anytime. Manilla also makes it easier for consumers to manage their accounts, pay their bills, and see and store forever all of their account-related mail.
Manilla is a fully-funded startup backed by Hearst Corporation, with a very seasoned and successful leadership team. Manilla has offices in New York and San Francisco.
About this Position
The Technical Support Analyst for the Manilla technology team acts as a gatekeeper, front-line researcher, and triage manager for incoming technical issues. They assure delivery of quality issue resolutions as efficiently and expediently as possible, all with a commitment to providing the best possible Manilla service.
- Become an expert on the inner workings of the Manilla service and stay on top of changes/new features introduced in each release
- Handle inbound technical support escalations and customer questions/issues via phone, chat or emails from Manilla customers, business partners and U.S. team members
- Originate and track bugs and enhancements through both Manilla's internal and third-party external support tools
Validate reported issues using testing techniques and tools
Perform database-level investigation using SQL
Independently identify, diagnose and resolve Manilla technical and usage issues
- Work with Product Management to prioritize issues and forward on actionable items to your colleagues in engineering.
- Work as a consultative partner to your customer, building rapport and providing direction
- Consistently attain high customer satisfaction ratings
- Seek and recommend ideas to help cultivate the FAQ/Knowledge Base used by all customers and Customer Support staff
- Provide valuable "front line" feedback on defects and enhancements to the Product Management and Engineering teams
- Provide ongoing support for acceptance testing via-participation, feedback & QC
Assist in the development, improvement and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Demonstrated excellence in a customer service/technical support environment.
- Tenacious problem-solver with strong analytical/QA mindset
- Helpful and enthusiastic customer-centric focus, and genuine commitment to delivering a best-in-class online service
- Technical experience supporting web-based systems on windows and apple platforms and all browsers
- SQL experience and proficiency
- Ability to work closely and effectively with product and engineering colleagues
- Strong organization, time-management, and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours understanding that Manilla is a start up and has teams on both the east and west coast
Additional experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Experience with Jira and Pivotal Tracker
- Experience in a QA capacity
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with remote colleagues/teams