Senior UX Designer at Manilla in San Francisco, CA
Are you a genuinely gifted designer with a head for business? Can you envision interfaces that are friendlier, simpler, more fun? If you answered “yes”, we’d like to meet you. We’re a small creative group looking for someone who’s passionate about conceiving and building user experiences that will help a successful business reach even greater heights.
About our Start-Up
- We are building an Internet service that helps consumers get organized and simplify their lives, enables businesses to reduce millions in cost each year, and is great for our environment!
- Our business concept has been tested through prototypes, focus groups, and usability testing – the people and companies we’ve talked to are excited about this new service!
- We are well-funded by a large private corporation – the board and executive team are 200% committed and the funding provided demonstrates their backing.
- You have exceptional visual skills and a gifted eye for detail, form and story. You’re passionate about creating fun, easy-to-understand interfaces.
- You keep up on the latest developments and insights.
- You can bring projects from concept to realization—doing everything possible to ensure their success. In short, you’re an accomplished designer who’s ready to help Manilla grow in all our consumer and business areas.
- You’re also smart, confident—and mature enough not to have an ego. You’re a skilled communicator who welcomes honest, candid feedback. You can articulate the value of your design to product managers and engineers as easily as you can talk typography and whitespace with other designers. And you can clearly point to how business objectives are met via great user experiences.
- You think of data and extensive testing as allies in creating the best possible experience. Expect to engage in an ongoing healthy debate about data vs. design.
- Day to day, this is a fast-changing environment where you have to produce high-quality work, quickly. You should have the adaptability and perseverance to produce multiple rounds of designs in pursuit of the most user-friendly solution. That said, we think creativity comes from happy, fearless and energetic people—so we’re serious about a healthy life-work balance and a comfortable, casual environment.
- We hire senior people who are expected to “think” AND “do”. This is a very hands-on, roll-your-sleeves-up-and-get-dirty kind of place where the things you discover and create have widespread impact. Expect to learn and grow on a daily basis.
- 5+ years design on interactive experiences
- A world-class portfolio
- Expert abilities with the Adobe Creative Suite
Clear evidence of attention to detail and multi-tasking
Ability to rapidly produce multiple visual concepts, and ability to produce multiple visual designs with varying styles
BA/BS in fine arts, graphic arts, human factors or related field
A disciplined approach to managing your own projects
A great team player
Strong communication skills
A good sense of humor