Director, Engineering at Manilla in San Francisco, CA
A 2012 double Webby Award winner, Manilla is the new way for consumers to manage their bills and more. Manilla also makes it easier for consumers to manage their accounts, pay their bills, and see and store forever all of their account-related mail. Manilla is a fully-funded startup backed by Hearst Corporation. Manilla has offices in New York and San Francisco.
- Drive technology platform/stack decisions for both the consumer-facing site and the back-end data integration platform – collaborate, listen and make the best decisions for this service
- Contribute code as part of a smart, dynamic, agile team. .
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers as a hands-on leader
- Stand in for the VP of Engineering as needed
- A strong foundation in computer science and/or math combined with demonstrable problem solving aptitude
- 5+ years of internet software development experience. You write code and build things because you love to, not because it’s your job.
- You've shipped technically complex commercially successful products - and stuck around to deal with growing pains
- Hands on experience with agile software development, continuous integration and test driven development. You are passionate about, infrastructure and processes that improve engineering productivity and system reliability
- Made a significant contribution to a large-scale consumer internet site where security matters
- Passionate about designing and delivering compelling user experiences
- Contributed to open source projects (i.e. code we can review)