PHP Developer Intern (Ongoing) at Magner Sanborn in Spokane, WA
We are a full-service, digitally integrated advertising and brand design agency with offices in Spokane, Seattle, and San Diego. Our difference lies in our ability to uncover the truth within brands and devise powerful ways to connect with the audience.
We are seeking a talented developer/student with basic expertise in custom PHP development. The position requires the unique ability to efficiently develop high performing cross-browser and cross-platform PHP-based websites and web-based applications.
- Work with creative directors, art directors, developers, and other personnel in developing highly efficient solutions for our clients.
- Develop and build high-performing websites and web-based applications using custom PHP code approach or existing third party tools such as Expression Engine or Drupal.
- Under the watchful eye of a senior developer assume full ownership and successful completion of projects on an ongoing basis.
- Implement the creative vision under tight deadlines in a manner that exudes a deep passion for the end-user experience, the business objective behind it, and the highest standard of excellence.
- Basic expertise in PHP-based websites and web-based applications; examples to prove it. Impress us.
- Basic experience with PHP development, preferably including custom PHP development, experience with writing SQL statements for MySQL databases, and basic competency with XML & JSON data formats.
- Basic experience building custom PHP/MySQL Content Management System and dB-driven website / web-based application.
- Ability to effectively build high-performing PHP-based website or web-based application under very tight deadlines.
- Self-directed analytical skills toward problem solving, critical thinking skills and the ability to enthusiastically adapt to rapidly changing design requirements are a must.
Nice To Have
- Computer Science course work AND the required mix of experience, training and TALENT.
- Basic experience with the responsive design approach and building websites for mobile devices (phones & tablets).
- Basic experience with third party tools such as Drupal and/or Expression Engine.
- Building custom modules for Drupal and/or Expression Engine
- Integration with third-party API systems.
Magner Sanborn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with expertise and talent. We are a performance-based culture and offer generous employee benefits.