VP of Game Engineering at Machine Zone in Palo Alto, CA
The VP of Game Engineering is an integral piece of the leadership team and will report to the CTO/Co-founder and collaborate with the rest of the executive team. You should have experience managing large-scale teams, have exceptional management skills, and be obsessed with leveraging processes/tools. You will be responsible for managing the entire game development team and ensure the game engineers deliver the product without compromise against tight deadlines. Your impact will directly affect the product, marketing, operations, and financial outcomes of games to be played by tens of millions of global players in the future; this is your chance to leave your legacy!
- Crucial in driving all game developers against tight deadlines and development milestones
- Collaborate with our CTO, VP of Platform Engineering and Chief Architect, and our Development Directors
- Responsible for organizing, leading, and mentoring the game engineering team
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to meet aggressive hiring goals without compromising technical and cultural qualities
- Evolve efficient processes, scalable tools, and resource allocation to achieve a high level of productivity
- Create standard for development and architecture requirements
- Provide necessary technical leadership skills to lead by example, assist the team in accomplishing all tasks, and demonstrate ownership and accountability for the entire engineering team
- Enable the game development team to work cross-functionally with Design, Art, and QA teams
- Play a key role as part of the leadership team to build the right infrastructure and culture
- 10+ years of engineering experience with 5+ years as VP and/or CTO
- Experience leading GAME engineering teams - A MUST
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related area preferred
- Exceptional management skills
- Experience scaling teams, technology, and processes
- Experience in multi-player social games, RPG, MMO and/or online games
- Deep knowledge of C++, MySQL, PHP, Python, Java, and LAMP environments
- Startup experience a big plus
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Passion and obsession for the technical performance in every product you ship
- Fearless, creative, and resourceful in solving problems
- Strong ability to mentor, coach and teach
- Passion for games
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!