Tools Engineer at Machine Zone in Palo Alto, CA
The Tools Engineer is a crucial piece of the Game Development team at Machine Zone and will support our CTO/Co-founder. You should be an expert in scripting languages (e.g. PHP or Python), have experience in SQL, and be a self-starter. You will be responsible for designing and building our suite of internal tools. Your work will be used by the entire development team and be an important component in reaching game development efficiency.
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and customer service in designing and building our suite of internal tools
- Create easy-to-use tools to automate rigorous and time intensive tasks
- Well-versed in scripting languages such as PHP and Python
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar
- Experienced in SQL and Linux
- Productive with minimal supervision - self starter, able to identify gaps and provide solutions
- Ability to rapidly prototype a tool and iterate effectively
- Strong background in object-oriented programming, design patterns, code re-usability and maintainability
- A serious attitude about tools and their necessity
- Familiarity with a web framework such as CakePHP, Symphony, Django
- Strong intuition for usability
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!