Senior Unity Engineer at Machine Zone in Palo Alto, CA
The Senior Unity Engineer is a crucial member of the Game Engineering team at Machine Zone and will report to our CTO/Co-founder. You should know C++, Unity development, and OOP. You will be responsible for the implementation of gameplay systems, designs, and features using 3D Unity. Your work will be seen by tens of millions of global players in the future; this is your chance to leave your legacy and be part of gaming history!
- Working in 3D Unity to implement gameplay systems, designs, and features
- Have the freedom to own end-to-end features across both client and server-side systems
- Work on interesting and challenging ad-hoc projects when necessary
- 3+ years of game development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related
- Experience with C++, Unity development, and Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with MMO, Social, or online development
- Direct experience with multi-player or equivalent client/server topologies as used in online games
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- A self-motivated self-starter interested in solving complex issues within tight deadlines
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly Addmired) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including iMob, Original Gangstaz, Global War, iMob 2, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games. The company operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures, and Menlo Ventures.
Winner of the Crunchies Award (Techcrunch), we are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for its gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.