Senior Erlang Engineer at Machine Zone in Palo Alto, CA
The Senior Erlang Engineer is an integral piece of the Platform Engineering team at Machine Zone and will report directly into the VP of Platform Engineering and Chief Architect. You should be experienced in writing production-quality software in Erlang OTP and be able to do database development with an understanding of network communications, security, or data retention. You will be responsible for building multiple high-performance components in a distributed infrastructure throughout their lifecycle and over many short development iterations. Your work will be experienced and felt by tens of millions of global players in the future; this is your chance to leave your legacy and be part of gaming history!
- Developing multiple high-performance components in a distributed infrastructure
- Responsible for carrying these components through their lifecycle and over many short development iterations
- Plan for growth as trading volume increases in this infrastructure and develop the application components consistent with this strategy
- Develop the ability to understand network communication, security, and data retention in order to design and build these components
- Experience with writing production-quality software in Erlang OTP, highly scalable & concurrent systems a double plus!
- Ability to perform database development (e.g., designing schemas, when to use stored procedures, understanding of ORM tools, etc.)
- Proficiency in Linux
- Experience building scalable web applications/services
- Experience in distributed computing and multi-tier application development, with experience in developing frameworks a plus
- Good communication skills; be able to discuss/defend/document your ideas
- A strong belief or experience in Agile and iterative development approaches
- A CS or Math degree, or be passionate about applying the latest software ideas to their personal and professional life.
- Be able to do basic Linux administration tasks
- Have experience with either Ejabberd/XMPP and/or RabbitMQ
- Be a startup junkie who wants to see a new idea (and company) succeed
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly Addmired) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including iMob, Original Gangstaz, Global War, iMob 2, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games. The company operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures, and Menlo Ventures.
Winner of the Crunchies Award (Techcrunch), we are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for its gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.