Senior Backend Engineer at Machine Zone in Palo Alto, CA
The Senior Backend Engineer is a key member of the Business Intelligence team at Machine Zone and will report into our Business Intelligence Architect. You should be an expert in Java, well-versed in MySQL and PHP, and be able to build/optimize complex queries in an efficient manner. You will be responsible for building a real-time Business Intelligence platform to support all of our games that will be played by tens of millions of global players in the future!
- Help build the real-time Business Intelligence platform to support all of Machine Zone's games
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, DBAs, and application engineers
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience in web technologies, web services, REST
- Expert knowledge in Java
- Experience with PHP and MySQL, and able to build, optimize complex queries efficiently
- Experience in VoltDB or knowledge of machine learning is a big plus
- Experience building split testing framework or working with distributed systems is a plus
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced, highly data-driven and changing environment
- Team player who enjoys working with business users, DBAs, and application engineers to find the most suitable solutions
- Familiarity with free2play games is a big plus
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly Addmired) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including iMob, Original Gangstaz, Global War, iMob 2, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games. The company operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures, and Menlo Ventures.
Winner of the Crunchies Award (Techcrunch), we are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for its gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.