PHP Game Developer at Machine Zone in Palo Alto, CA
The PHP Game Developer is a member of the Game Engineering team at Machine Zone and will report up to our CTO/Co-founder. You should have strong PHP and object oriented design fundamentals and have the ability to quickly learn new programming languages/technologies. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality online mobile MMOs. Your work will be played by tens of millions of global players in the future!
- Work closely with game designers and artists to deliver high-quality online mobile MMOs
- Design and implement server and client side systems
- Ensure software quality by writing unit and functional tests
- Implement optimizations in current systems to reach performance goals
- 3+ years of game/social game industry experience and Bachelors in Computer Science
- Demonstrated proficiency in PHP and object oriented design principles
- Ability to quickly learn new programming languages and technologies
- Solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and peer code-reviews
- Understand scalability (memcache, redis, membase, mysql)
- Strong knowledge in Computer Science fundamentals
- Passion for games
- Experience with C/C++
- Previous experience in the video game industry
- Experience in mobile or have published an iOS or Android app
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.