Marketing Analyst at Machine Zone in Palo Alto, CA
Machine Zone, creator of the top 4 grossing iOS title Game of War, is hiring for our Marketing team! We are seeking a Marketing Analyst to help drive our games' success. The Marketing Analyst at Machine Zone will be an Excel whiz who is dedicated to the success of the company and will deliver concise execution during times of high stress.
- Monitor and improve mobile marketing channels in a rapidly changing environment.
- Dig deep into campaign performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Be a data master, develop strong hypothesis and independently solve problems and provide actionable insights.
- Work with the Sr. marketing team to effectively and efficiently manage performance-based paid acquisition marketing efforts to reach acquisition goals across multiple networks including Facebook.
- Find and/or develop creative and innovative solutions for acquisition
- Track the progress and success of all A/B, multivariate tests
- Make analytical, data driven recommendations
- Reconcile reports on a regular basis to ensure accurate reporting
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business, math/ statistics, economics, or equivalent
- 1-3 years of business relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel,
- Lookups, advance formulas, pivot tables, text string manipulation
- Extremely detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects at once
- Hard working, can-do attitude
- Prior media buying and/or advertising experience
- Prior knowledge of self serve advertising tools
- Proven track record of successful managing business relationships
- Experience with A/B, multivariate testing
- Knowledge of ad platforms and terminology such as Facebook ads and CPM, CPC, CPI, DAU, MAU, ARPDAU, ROI, etc
- Direct Response marketing or SEM experience
- Experience in online or mobile games desired
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.