Customer Support Manager at Machine Zone in Palo Alto, CA
The Customer Support Manager is an integral part of the Community Support team at Machine Zone. You should have experience with external global CS vendors, have been in a supervisory/leadership role, and be able to work a flexible schedule to meet business requirements. You will be responsible for managing and building out the daily operations of our external cs team and be hands-on in working with many departments within the company. The legacy of your work will be seen in one of the biggest and most engaging mobile MMOs ever made!
- Manage day-to-day customer support operations
- Build a team of external agents
- Act as an integral liaison between engineering, production, game design, marketing, and the player community
- Define and maintain community support strategy
- Develop processes and implement tools for customer support
- Be hands-on as well as strategic in building the best customer support process
- 7+ years of customer support experience in the gaming industry
- 2+ years in a leadership or supervisory role
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Extensive experience with outsourcing and global vendors
- Strong work ethics and the desire to treat customers with respect and fairness
- Results-oriented attitude with a strong passion for gaming
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Enjoy the dynamic hours required to provide excellent service to the gaming community
- Ability to prioritize multiple daily tasks and projects
- Experience using and implementing tracking software such as Zendesk
- Passionate about people and have a desire to problem solve on their behalf
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.