Build/Release Engineer at Machine Zone in Palo Alto, CA
The Build/Release Engineer is an important member of the Game Development team and reports into the CTO/Co-Founder. This position entails troubleshooting and resolving build issues and creating and maintaining build scripts and processes for full and incremental daily builds as well as production level software releases. You will support the implementation/improvement of software development practices, release management methodologies, and software deployment strategies using Subversion and other SCM, build, release and deployment management tools.
- Own all aspects of the build/release process across all products, including deploying code, schema, and configuration changes in development, staging, and production environments
- Establish build and release guidelines for general releases and for more frequent, weekly, or daily pushes
- Automate processes and improve the entire release process
- Push new releases to production
- Coordinate releases with network operations and platform teams and monitoring resources
- Oversee the QA process for builds
- Manage release branches
- Maintain and configure settings in development, staging, and production environments
- Maintain and improve our internal development tools
- Facilitate or participate in the process of troubleshooting and resolving production technical issues
- Assess benefits of code merging versus cost and stability implications, and communicate this feedback
- Design and execute test plans of urgent enhancements and fixes
- Must have 4 to 7 years of relevant experience
- BS (MS preferred) in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or relevant field
- Expertise in Subversion and SQL (MySQL)
- Experience implementing best practices, including documentation, analysis, training, and auditing
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++
- Scripting experience in Shell, PHP, and Python
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Experience with Buildbot
- Experience with Objective-C
- Experience developing in XCode
- Web application experience
- Experience in the games industry
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.