Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails at Lytro in Mountain View, CA
Join the Picture Revolution!
Lytro is transforming the camera into a powerful computational photography platform and making conventional cameras a thing of the past. The key innovation is “light field” technology, which captures all of the light rays in a scene to create interactive, living pictures. Light field innovation enables unprecedented capabilities, including the ability to focus after a picture is taken, remarkable low-light sensitivity, and 3D viewing.
The company was founded in 2006 by CEO Dr. Ren Ng, whose research in light field photography won best PhD dissertation in computer science at Stanford in 2006 as well as the internationally recognized ACM award.
Lytro has raised approximately $50 million to date from Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, NEA, and K9 Ventures along with individual investors.
We are searching for a web developer who can double as a swiss army knife. As a member of our team you will be on the ground floor of building a revolutionary technology company. Having a passion for photography, strong work ethic and basic need to excel in all that you do is a key.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Experience building websites with Ruby on Rails (Rails 3)
- Familiarity working with cloud architectures. (Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Heroku)
- REST, SOAP, AJAX, Facebook APIs, Twitter.
- Familiarity with server-side languages (Python, PHP) is desirable.
- Experience building social applications is strongly desired.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skill-Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field required, Masters degree preferred.
- Open-source contributions are a big plus (e.g Github, Google Code).