Software Engineer, Embedded / Firmware at Lytro in Mountain View, CA
Lytro is transforming the camera into a powerful computational photography platform and making conventional cameras a thing of the past. The key innovation is “light field” technology, which captures all of the light rays in a scene to create interactive, living pictures. Light field innovation enables unprecedented capabilities, including the ability to focus after a picture is taken, remarkable low-light sensitivity, and 3D viewing.
The company was founded in 2006 by CEO Dr. Ren Ng, whose research in light field photography won best PhD dissertation in computer science at Stanford in 2006 as well as the internationally recognized ACM award.
Lytro has raised approximately $50 million to date from Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, NEA, and K9 Ventures along with individual investors.
You are a highly motivated embedded software developer with a passion for bringing new and highly differentiated devices to market. The ideal candidate has experience with a variety of embedded development environments.
- BS EE/CE/CS or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience
- Solid C/C++ coding abilities
- Solid understanding of device drivers, operating systems, and computer architecture
- Experience with RTOS
- Experience with digital cameras and imaging pipelines
- Experience working on consumer electronics products
- Assembly programming