Product Design Engineer at Lytro in Mountain View, CA
Join the Picture Revolution!
Lytro is transforming the camera into a powerful computational photography platform, forever changing the way everyone takes and experiences pictures The key innovation is “light field” technology, which captures all of the light rays in a scene to create interactive, living pictures. Light field innovation enables unprecedented capabilities, including the ability to focus after a picture is taken.
The company was founded in 2006 by CEO Dr. Ren Ng, whose research in light field photography won best PhD dissertation in computer science at Stanford in 2006 as well as the internationally recognized ACM award.
Lytro has raised approximately $50 million to date from Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, NEA, and K9 Ventures along with individual investors.
You are a Mechanical Engineer who is able to own architecture, modeling, and detailed design of Lytro light field camera mechanical components, subsystems and accessories. An avid traveler, you won’t mind frequent trips to Asia.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Extensive experience in materials, mechanisms, simulation tools (mechanical, thermal, FEA) as applied to handheld consumer products.
- 7-10 years experience designing mechanical subsystems for digital cameras (similar experience with mobile handsets is an acceptable alternative).
- Intimately familiar with PTC design tool chain and also with simulation tools (Ansys, Flowtherm
- or equivalent).
- Strong background in 2D/3D design flow including stack and tolerance analysis, DFM/DFA analysis, DFMEA and failure analysis best practices.
- BS/MS Mechanical engineering.
You will be a part of the Picture Revolution. To us, this is the best darn perk we think there is. If you agree, you'll fit right in! Other benefits include competitive salary, health care, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, cool office, all the snacks you can stomach and the opportunity to work with a team that is world renowned for their intellect and rated off the charts for their niceness and dedication ( in our opinion, the best combo!)