Electrical Test Engineer at Lytro in Mountain View, CA
Join the Picture Revolution!
Lytro is transforming the camera into a powerful computational photography platform and making conventional cameras a thing of the past. The key innovation is “light field” technology, which captures all of the light rays in a scene to create interactive, living pictures. Light field innovation enables unprecedented capabilities, including the ability to focus after a picture is taken, remarkable low-light sensitivity, and 3D viewing.
The company was founded by CEO Dr. Ren Ng, whose research in light field photography won best PhD dissertation in computer science at Stanford in 2006 as well as the internationally recognized ACM award.
Lytro has raised approximately $50 million to date from Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, NEA, and K9 Ventures along with individual investors.
You’re a self-driven electrical engineer who knows his way around a lab and makes it his own. You enjoy challenging bring-up, test and debug tasks, often many running concurrently, and you take pride in your physical dexterity replacing fine pitch SMT packages while debugging. You know your way around data sheets, schematics and PCB layouts, can set up complex measurement systems to capture transient events, find joy in configuring and running complex test equipment and can clearly convey your findings to the rest of the team. When you don’t have the tools on hand to do what you need to do, you know how to find them, or work with outside consultants and test firms that can help you reach your objectives. You consider an unexplained failure to be a personal affront, and will pursue it to the ends of the earth.
- 3+ years of electrical engineering work in a lab environment
- Excellent soldering and SMT rework skills
- Extensive experience with electrical test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DMMs, etc.
- Strong deductive reasoning and experimental debugging skills
- Understanding of analog and digital electronics
- Ability to understand electrical component datasheets, schematics, PCB layouts, gerber plots etc.
- Familiarity with electro mechanical assemblies
- Understanding of high-density PCB fabrication and assembly processes
- Experience with Cadence ECAD design tool chain required
- Experience with test automation, test coding and scripting a plus
- Experience with industry and regulatory compliance testing a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally occasionally
- Experience with consumer electronics a definite plus
- BSEE in electrical engineering
You will be a part of the Picture Revolution. That's the best darn perk we think there is. (Oh yeah, there are others, but we want you to want that!). We offer competitive salary, health care, dental, vision, stock, flexible spending accounts and the opportunity to work with a team that is world renowned for their intellect and rated off the charts for their niceness and dedication - in our opinion, the best combo.