Mid/Senior Software Engineer (Backend) at Logik in Washington, DC
Title: Mid/Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Location: Washington, DC (downtown)
Are you an unstoppable coding machine? Are you technology agnostic? Love a challenge? Logik wants you. Be part of a team that creates a big-data, public/private cloud-based, distributed SaaS product (see logikcull.com). Enjoy a supportive work environment where every voice is heard. Be inundated with new technologies. Help clients get their money’s worth. Join the development team as a core contributor!
- Work on the future of Logik-- Logikcull.com
- Solve challenging problems in scalability, big-data organization, legacy support, and bringing Logikcull to the next-level.
- Produce maintainable, high-quality, deployable code.
- Be the owner of projects.
- Work to understand existing technologies and to suggest alternatives when appropriate.
- Learn the electronic discovery process inside and out.
- Participate actively in the software development process.
- Be available for bi-monthly, on-call, weekend shifts.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or comparable degree.
- 2+ years experience.
- Smart, friendly, and productive.
- Happy to help fellow engineers solve problems.
- Extremely competent software engineer. Comfortable in multiple programming languages, frameworks, environments, etc.
- Know the difference between coding and engineering.
- Eager to learn new technologies and systems.
- Fearlessness of the bleeding edge and high tolerance for the associated pain.
- Driven, proactive, and hard-working.
Bonus Qualifications (be sure to mention these):
- Experience coding in any or all of the following: Ruby, C, C++, Java, C#, VB.NET.
- In-depth knowledge of file format specifications (OOXML, PDF, PST, MSG, MS-DOC 2003, OLE, NSF, XML, etc) and the ability to pick up more as required.
- Working knowledge of: MS-Windows, Linux, Git, SVN.
- Past experience working with the following technologies: Lucene, MongoDB, Visual Studio, ABBYY FineReader Engine, Lotus Notes C/C++ API, Microsoft Office Interop.
Perks and Comp:
- Compensation: $65,000 - $100,000 (plus cash bonuses and equity).
- Unlimited paid-time-off (ask within).
- Health, dental, vision, and disability insurance.
- 401K with company match.
- Fun work environment (wise-cracking co-workers, ping pong, shuffleboard, beer, snacks, Friday lunches, etc).
- Downtown location directly across Franklin Square (1400 I St NW, Washington, DC).
- Monthly technology Meetups at the office (DCRUG, sometimes MongoDC, LOPSA-DC, eDiscovery DC).
Logik is an Inc 500 (#181) eDiscovery company headquartered in Washington, DC. We work with Fortune 1000 clients as well as many top law firms in the country to solve their most complex eDiscovery projects. We routinely index, de-dupe, process, and search through terabytes of data for our clients. This service requires an immense amount of computing power and efficient software. We have both and we take our jobs very seriously, but we don't take ourselves very seriously.
Read our story on 37signals’s “Bootstrapped, Profitable, & Proud” series:
- Include a cover letter. State how your past experiences make you a good fit for the position with Logik.
- File attachments should be in PDF format.