DevOps Engineer at a Solar Energy Tech Company at Locus Energy in San Francis...
DevOps Systems Engineer at a Solar Energy Technology Company
About Locus Energy
Locus Energy is a leading provider of monitoring and analytics for distributed renewable energy systems. We are a small but fast growing startup, and have offices in downtown San Francisco and New York. We are building a team of individuals who are excited about creating smarter software to reduce the cost of managing solar energy systems, and thereby accelerating the shift away from fossil fuels.
Locus Energy is looking for a talented DevOps Systems Engineer to join our DevOps Team and help us meet our aggressive development plans and maintain or growing cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, and have a passion for renewable energy.
As a member of our DevOps Team, you will monitor and manage the overall health and performance of our platform. This will include tool development, system administration and contribution to the overall design of new platform features.
The successful candidate will have experience with linux systems administration, working within a cloud computing environment, prior experience with startup companies, and a genuine interest in solar power.
This is an opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic team on a great company mission (solar energy). We offer competitive salary including equity and excellent benefits.
- Deploy and maintain cloud based server infrastructure
- Ensure our systems are up and running well
- Create performance tests to identify system bottlenecks and find ways to improve overall performance and scalability
- Work collaboratively and independently as needed to implement automated testing
- Explore ways to improve our infrastructure
- Promote a culture of designing/building with testing and monitoring in mind
- Learn and implement new technologies or build them yourself in order to help us achieve unparalleled reliability
- Identify potential scaling issues in our infrastructure and help define how to monitor and fix them
Skills & Requirements:
- BS/MS in computer science, technology, or a related field
- 3+ years linux systems administration experience
- 3+ years working in a virtualized or cloud server environment
- Proficient in Perl or Python
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools such as nagios
- Experience with puppet or chef
- Experience configuring systems with a focus on security, stability and scalability
- Experience administering database servers such as MySQL, Postgres and MSSQL
- Experience with network administration concepts
- Experience being on-call and willing to be in the pager-duty rotation
- Experience working closely with development and QA teams
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in solar power and the technologies that can accelerate the widespread adoption of renewable energy
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience maintaining continuous integration development and test environments
- Familiarity with automated testing framework
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Technology, environment, solar, system administrator, devops engineer, production operations ~