Software Engineer - Application Dev at Livefyre in San Francisco, CA
Who are you?
What will you be doing?
- Working directly with the design team and product managers to define usable customer-facing products.
- Writing lightweight web-based user interfaces and supporting server-side APIs.
- Building services for storing and accessing data.
- Designing and coding for testability and maintainability.
- Knowledable in at least one server-side language.
- Understanding of frontend architecture patterns.
- A strong understanding of web technologies: HTTP, CORS, HTML5, CSS3.
- Data stores (MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, etc.) and data access patterns and strategies.
- Good development practices: unit testing, source control, agile methodology.
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals and design patterns.
- Ability to troubleshoot, especially under fire.
- Sense of urgency and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Who are we?
Livefyre helps companies engage consumers through a combination of real-time conversation, social curation and social advertising. With Livefyre, brands can integrate real-time, social content into their websites, mobile apps, advertisements and television broadcasts to increase viewer engagement, boost website traffic and drive revenue. As the sixth largest network online, Livefyre is powering real-time social experiences for over 250 leading brands including American Idol, AOL, Bravo, CBS, Conde Nast, Dow Jones/WSJ, Fox Sports, Mashable, NASCAR, Showtime, Sony Playstation, Sports Illustrated and The New York Times.
Founded in 2009 with offices in San Francisco and New York, Livefyre was named one of the best places to work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times. For more information, visit www.livefyre.com or follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @livefyre.