Project Manager at Livefyre in San Francisco, CA
Who are you?
An organized, customer service-oriented Project Manager, who will help to integrate Livefyre's social engagement products on the digital properties (websites, mobile apps, and more) of the largest publishers and brands in the world. You will be the primary operational point of contact with our customers from the time a sale is completed through integration and post-launch.
Internally, you quarterback the process of serving our customers, pulling in and coordinating across our sales team, customer engineers, and social strategists. You also understand what customers need (not just what they ask for) and can work with our product team to integrate these insights into our product roadmap. You’re a structured person that drives work forward and can motivate groups of people to reach a goal. You value relationships, strive to keep our customers happy, and can talk tech and wrangle engineers internally and externally.
What you’ll be doing:
Make customers love us / customer happiness:
- Build rapport with key customers, maintain strong professional relationships, and manage customer satisfaction
- Communicate proactively with customers and internally with our team, highlighting risks and issues
- Solve integration and product questions and issues and coordinate resolutions
- Facilitate monthly & quarterly business review meetings to review customer satisfaction and potential new requirements
- Communicate new product updates to customers with product overviews and demos Identify opportunities to up-sell/renew customers, and leverage our sales and strategy teams to expand the relationship
Oversee and manage the integration process:
- Participate in developing an account plan with sales and strategy teams
- Gather and document technical and functional requirements from clients
- Set client expectations on requirements and integration timelines as needed
- Prepare integration schedules and task lists to meet clients’ specific needs
- Help customers understand our products by translating intricate and technically complex concepts in a way that is simple and easy to understand.
- Lead and facilitate regular meetings with customers, including management and engineers
- Creatively solve customer problems as they arise by coordinating across internal and external resources
- Manage internal customer engineers, prioritizing their time across customers and tasks appropriately
- Track integration success and ensure deadlines are met
- Provide input to a scalable technical integration and account management process
Solicit feedback from customers that we can use to make our product and processes better:
- Communicate product feedback and priorities from clients to product and strategy teams
- Communicate technical requirements from clients to engineering and ops teams
- Strong communication, leadership and presentation skills
- Proven experience as a project manager (or operational account manager) in a dynamic and fast-paced startup environment
- Understanding of and experience managing all phases of the SDLC
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment
- Strong track record of working in a customer-facing environment and driving initiatives to improving customer satisfaction
- Problem and requirements analysis skills and facilitation of resolution
- Experience working with technology integrations and facilitating between engineering and business teams
- Interest and experience with social technology and publishing industry a plus
Who are we?
At Livefyre we're passionate about building community and changing the way people interact with your content. Our Comments, LiveBlog, and LiveChat apps ignite real-time conversations on your site. And StreamHub, our Enterprise platform, gives you the power to create a live social network around your content, and connect it to other social platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Simply put, Livefyre gets people talking.
We're a bunch of friendly people and a dog named Mac. Together we make up a company that is three years young and determined to change the way people have conversations online. We’re cupcake bakers, waffle makers, maple syrup connoisseurs, Tennessee whiskey enthusiasts, aspiring DJs, college dropouts, extreme athletes, and much much more. And we care about our no-office policy. And Waffle Wednesdays. And bi-weekly Yogafyre. And our ping-pong leaderboard. And poker nights. And our well-stocked beer (and food) fridge. And… well, you get the idea.