Mobile Developer- iOS at Livefyre in San Francisco, CA
Who are you?
Livefyre is looking for a seasoned Mobile Developer to bring our real-time conversation platform to the next level of amazing on Apple devices. The Mobile Developer – iOS will lead the charge of Livefyre mobile development for Apple devices – starting with our iOS SDK. We are working with big data, thousands of customers, exponential traffic growth, and are rapidly on our way to billions of monthly page views. This is an incredible opportunity for you to join a growing team solving extremely challenging engineering issues.
- Leadership – Work hard and lead by example within a brilliant team that only knows how to work at 150%.
- Innovation – Bring design, process, and architecture ideas to the table that challenge the status quo while supporting business goals
- Anticipation vs. Reaction – Think about what lies ahead and plan accordingly
- Automate the World – Elimination of manual processes is key. If you have done it more than twice, it should be automated.
- Agile Junkie – You know it, you’ve done it, you love it.
- Proven ability in iOS development with 2-3 years of shipping apps
- Expert experience with Objective-C
- Understands iOS performance techniques
- Other strong OO programming experience
- Experience building rich client-side applications against HTTP APIs
- Experience with Java and Android development is a huge plus
- Understands UX and design principles
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Strong familiarity with Git or similar SCM
- Troubleshooting (especially under fire)
- Loves writing documentation
*We actively use everything mentioned under “Key Skills”. Depending upon previous roles, similar skills/technologies may be equally acceptable.
Who are we?
Livefyre is bringing social to the rest of the web, helping brands build engaging real-time conversations and communoty around their owned content. The company's suite of real-time products are defining a new breed of web and mobile experiences that boost website traffic, increase user engagement and drive revenue. As the sixth largest network online, Livefyre is powering real-time social experiences for leading brands including American Idol, AOL, Bravo, CBS, Conde Nast, Dow Jones/WSJ, FOX, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Showtime, Sports Illustrated and the New York Times.
So who are we? We're a bunch of friendly people and a dog named Mac. Together we make up a company that is three years young and determined to change the way people have conversations online.
We’re cupcake bakers, waffle makers, maple syrup connoisseurs, Tennessee whiskey enthusiasts, aspiring DJs, college dropouts, extreme athletes, and much much more. And we care about our no-office policy. And Waffle Wednesdays. And our ping-pong leaderboard. And poker nights. And our well-stocked beer fridge. And… well, you get the idea.